Thursday, June 15, 2006

I really need to figure out how to cross-post between Xanga and Blogger. Nobody posts in Xanga much anymore, so I really don't know why I keep up with Xanga anyway. :) I also need to write more meaningful entries in both Xanga and Blogger.

You know how I'm always advocating writing in journals (real life ones)? Haha, I need to update my real ones ASAP because I tend to fall behind 3 days. You know what, a lot can happen in 72 hours. A lot than I can forget. :
Well well this summer has been the summer of movies for me. I've watched more movies this summer than I have all of 2005. Sad, huh. Here's a list of summer 2006 movies I've seen:

  • The Princess Bride

  • Taxi Driver

  • Princess Mononoke

  • X-Men 2

  • X-Men 3

  • United 93

  • Zoolander



I also saw parts of Old School again (love that movie) and parts of Bridget Jones' Diary 2 - I had no idea that Hugh Grant is the "bad" character in the story. :O Aw, the Pride and Prejudice story...

Zoolander's plot is so dumb but Ben Stiller is so hilarious. :D Will Ferrell had his moments too as Mugatu (what the heck). I LAUGHED for a minute when Christine Taylor's character admitted she was the fat kid in school in 7th grade, and Zoolander (Ben Stiller) replies: "...EW!"

United 93 is a heartwrenching movie to watch because you know what's going to happen, but I think the movie did a good job portraying the confusion and heartache that day. It made me mad watching the movie because the U.S. goverment was basically all talk, little action.

I've also been reading a lot of novels from the library. One author that I have found charming is Alexander McCall Smith. He's living in Scotland right now - I love his satirical novels.

Now I'm going to go read and probably watch Elephant the movie. I heard it was really good and it won the 2003 Cannes Film Festival award (Best Director?). I'm getting a lot of recommendations from my friend DAVID LEE so thanks, David.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah you have seen alot of movies this summer. I think I seen like just one thus far... The Da Vinci Code. How sad. Haha.