Friday, February 10, 2006

I think I've fallen in love with Duke...

I had my interview today (after a silly blunder - at the coffee shop, I totally did not see that Duke shirt on the chair, so I wasted 20 minutes wondering where my interviewer was :O) with a Duke alumnus (singular of alumni, right?). It was very casual, definitely not as intimdating as my Harvard/Tech interviews. I was interviewed by this pretty med. student who went to Duke for undergraduate.

After hearing her testimony and a lot of other people's testimonies (Howard :D haha) as well as my own experience with Duke, I think I've fallen in love with it :) There's not much that I don't like about Duke (well, maybe the tuition), and if I did get bestowed with the honor of being admitted, I would love to enroll and be a Blue Devil! Everyone I know who's a current student, was a student, or was admitted anyway is super smart--most are witty, all are down-to-earth and wonderful people. You really can't get better than that :D

Hm, so I guess my choices for college are...

1. Duke
2. Penn
3. Yale
4. Emory (accepted!)
5. Dartmouth
.
.
.
and 15. UGA :P (accepted)

The other schools I applied to... well, now that I think of it, none of them really strike me as COME HERE! There are things about each school that made me apply, of course, but nothing like the magnetism I got from the other schools. The rest are Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, Case Western, UNC-Chapel Hill, Georgia Tech (accepted), UC Berkeley, UCLA, and Washington University. It'd be great if I could get into some of them (Harvard and Stanford are probably not coming true... neither is Yale and maybe not Penn [for Wharton] :P), but they're not really favorites of mine as much as I like the above 5.

But anyway, I need to have some fun in my life, so I will...oh wait, fun will be put on hold until Bio Test and Senior Project is done :)

I received this super cute bear from my boyfriend in the mail the other day... this bear that held a heart that said "SAN JOSE" (California) ^_^ My mom was like, "Isn't it a little early for Valentine's Day?" Ha, ha, Mom...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, duke is a pretty good school. but i would say all the schools you applied to are good. hahaha. but then again, it does come down to which school appeals to you and everything.