Saturday, March 11, 2006

I GOT INTO UCLA!!

I didn't think I would get in because I'm out of state, but I did :) Unfortunately, it costs ~40k per year for out of state people. :( Unless I get a great financial aid package and/or I get tons of scholarships, I don't think going to UCLA is a great possibility. UC Berkeley, however, my parents equate the school to, say, Duke (definitely an Asian thing... I mean, Berkeley is 40% Asian).

Ah! So exciting!

What is NOT exciting is that I'm doing Science Olympiad on March 25... I don't want to go, really, because that means I have to study Chemistry/Biology before I go, whoohoo. Also, I have to write an essay about Keats' poem, but don't really feel like doing that, either!

Emily - I tried to leave a comment but it didn't let me through:

hey emily - wow that driving episode is so scary. :( i'm so glad that your bottle didn't get stuck. haha yea don't suddenly brake, i've had too many near-accident experiences w/that. anyway i hope this doesn't happen again! keep those bottles away from you!

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah congrats on UCLA! do you want to be on the west coast or east coast? just a random question. how about your east coast schools? berkeley is a nice place to go cuz not only the asian pop. but cali weather? noice. haha. good luck!

o booo to my stupid LJ for not letting you through... it was prolly being dumb. it has a tendency to do that at random times but thanks for letting me know! ah yes, bottles + my car don't mix well apparently. haha.

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting into UCLA!
I think you should apply for the
scholarships because I think you
should go there! (: