Thursday, March 02, 2006

Augh, I'm so bad about blogging. Sorry, Emily! (And the others who may just happen to wander here)

Life's been crazy lately. Last week, I went to Savannah, GA, with Sam and Ben (two funny sophomores) for All-State Band. Yes, I was greeted by the Symphonic Band having like, 60% (?) of their band filled with the Atlanta kids. They're so good x_X The music wasn't actually THAT hard. At first glance, I just thought, I canNOT played that, but that soon turned to a I CAN so play that :) Haha, while the other kids were like, I can sightread perfectly 32nd notes, yay. I sat in 7th chair (smack in the middle). Everyone was so good but a little "jiao au" (not correct pinyin)... :/ elitist attitudes, haha. Well, the All-State band is the cream of the crop, I suppose.

The practices were okay. Really long, 4-5 hours at a time. Running around Savannah with goofballs is fun, though. I managed to pig out on potatoes (from Spanky's), eat tons of ice cream (bleh felt sick afterwards... it was all for the sake of bananas), try some Savannah pralines (New Orleans pralines are better), and watch Sam drop his ice cream on River Street. An entire scoop! :) I also bought some cute PJ pants at the mall - they're pink plaid and only $5!

An experience I won't forget. :)

I just realized that I haven't gone to school in like, 3-4 Fridays in a row due to illness and lots of band functions. Lots of 4 day weeks for me. Tomorrow I have District Band all day and next Friday is a school holiday. Isn't that hilarious?

I need to workout to get fit for prom :) well, yes. Prom is overrated, but senior prom, I'm not missing that! Need to look sexy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, i still read your xanga so it's all good. ^___^ sounds like you had tons of fun. ooo senior prom... totally don't miss that. senior prom was the best.