Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm finally learning how to program.

My dad lent me his STEP BY STEP Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional book, which is hilarious since it's been sitting on our bookshelf for ___ months/years now and I never realized what it was. D'oh. Anyway, I love self-teaching guides. :) I like to teach myself new things.

At the scholarship awards ceremony today, I reunited with this guy that I often saw at District Band - hi Thomas :) It was so nice seeing him again - I remember thinking he was very dorky, but he's grown to be quite the gentleman (though his silly but kind smile still strikes a chord in my heart). Anyway, he told me he possibly wanted to be a weatherman, which is nice because I can see him as one.

At the ceremony I met a girl who's going to UNC-Chapel Hill. LUCKY ... I would have gone there, too, if UNC-CH gave me more money. :( I know it's a great school, but my family was paying like 80% of the total cost. Which is not cool...

I'm excited for college. Apprehensive but excited.

I went on a walk twice today! Once in the morning and in the evening. I need to watch my weight because all this sitting around = fat Dani! Haha. I'm not kidding. Apparently a lot of female CS majors have disproportionately big butts! OH NO I don't want mine to get any bigger.

Je t'aime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do u know what u want to major in at CMU? I take it CS?

Anonymous said...

hey dani,

just stopping by to let u know I have switched LJ names.

My new LJ address is http://www.livejournal.com/users/missmily.