Thursday, July 01, 2004

Hello everyone! New layout *and* new entry. Thanks, Jane - what you said made my...day (well it's not day, it's rather late, but yeah). To everyone: Sorry about my absence - I'm really bad about disappearing from the web every now and then, Now... I feel strangely motivated to actually keep at it (my blog, my xanga, etc). I was looking over old stuff, old magazines, writing in my diary yesterday/today when I realized:

HOLY CRAP. DANI. IT'S ALREADY JULY. SUMMER'S ALMOST OVER. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? NOT MUCH. WE HAVE ONE MONTH BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS. GET MOVING.

...I better get myself up and moving. Like what I haven't been doing up until now. *grins* Me and my lazy self. I don't know, I guess it was like an ephiphanic moment. The moment when the lightbulb turns on after years of inactivity... oh I don't know. But it feels nice. :)

For instance, I actually marked on my calendar to EXERCISE on a regular basis. I took out my trusty ol' MAY 2004 SHAPE magazine and put it on the table for full view. See, today, I wrote "START" on my calendar :D Usually, I'm just like *blah*... I suffer from poor eating habits, I never do anything, and when I do, I usually overdo (overexert myself) it so I don't want to do it the second time around. NOW I plan to exercise with a day or two in between (get your rest, you know) ... and watch what I eat more carefully. :D Okay, once again, I will say this... I'm not fat, I'm not overweight, I just want to watch my weight/fat percentage and maintain it or, as I would like, to go down a little. So yeah. I hate it when my friends say what an idiot I am for working out... "YOU DON'T NEED TO!" =\ Yeah, I do. So does everyone else. For good health. :)

These past couple of days have been interesting. The day before Brian was supposed to leave for good ol' NY, he unexpectedly drops by with Omar, who claimed he was looking for his tuner/capo. Riiiiiiight. ;) Clever ruse! Anyway, he didn't find it, and Brian ended up going to football and coming back around 11pm to play some Megaman (while Tiff and I watched)... although the games were originally for NES, they now imported it for Gamecube - all 8 of them or whatever, and let's say, it's hard. o_O Whoever was smart enough to put B as the jump button really needs to be smacked. :D Anyway, quite an interesting meeting, and it was storming pretty badly. He left around 12am or so, silly boy. :)

Today, I watched Spiderman 2 with the Chinese crew - Jane, Omar, Robert, Tiffany - and three other people (Nathan, Alissa, Mike S) ... you know how most sequels are usually downright horrible? (ahem, Shanghai Knights...) This one surprised me. Very much. The plot is pretty much the same - some scientist gets into a freak accident and turns into some crazy terrorizing monster... yeah yeah. That part was expected. The other part, Peter Parker's soul-searching, was quite interesting... I like movies like that, so it touched me. He struggles with his love for MJ, and you can see it in his eyes, his face... :( Well, yeah, some emotional parts, I actually had tears welling in my eyes at one point. Beautiful. And there were some funny parts - more than the first one. :D

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Spiderman's webs cease to work, so one night while he's flying around, he lands on a rooftop... and he can't get back down, so he has to take the elevator while he's still in his Spiderman suit, ROFL! This guy walks in the elevator at the same time, and they show the two of them together. Dootidoo... SO FUNNY.

"Nice Spiderman suit."
"Thanks."
"Where did you get it?"
"I made it myself."
"...Looks uncomfortable."
"Yeah, it gets kinda itchy...it rides up the crotch area."

(THANKS OMAR :D "the kissing part!")

Okay, well, yeah, it's late, and I should go...

No comments: