Friday, July 30, 2004

On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, I went and volunteered at my house. It was like going back to school a week early because I saw way too many teachers for my liking. Sure, I missed them, but not the classes themselves ;) I worked mostly on bulletin boards - actually, I take a long time, so in two days, I only had three done. Yesterday (Thursday), my friend and I worked on our old chemistry teacher's board. We got creative as we did a fish theme - Finding "NeMo". Who would have thought that Mo *is* an element? :D Although I don't think that compound is possible... anyway. We had a blue background and orange fish with all these chemistry "inside" jokes. Those poor kids won't have a clue on what the board says :D ... yeah, it was great fun doing it with you, Zaheera ^_^

I picked up my Cracking the AP US History Exam book this morning and started flipping through. Funny, because I'm not taking the AP class itself -_- I probably should, shouldn't I? I'm probably capable of it. The thing is, a lot of people have said to me, "DON'T TAKE IT!!!!" and the fact that I am not -that- big of a history fan (especially United States history - omg) contributes to it... well, you can take the AP exam without taking the course, although it'll be pretty hard, and Mohan offered to study it (extensively?) with me, maybe. He's so smart. Anyway, we'll see... I didn't sign up for the class because I signed up for AP Lit and AP Chemistry, but the really good (and hard?) AP Chemistry teacher retired, so with the other teacher, supposedly the class itself is really easy now (a joke?). =\ Ahhh... whatever, I hate schedule changes, and I'm not sure if guidance likes me, so maybe I'll just leave it. @$)!@$@*% ... What do you think?

I watched Bad Santa yesterday. Yeah, I guess we were in a Christmas-y mood yesterday - just looking at the snow and all the Christmas decorations made me sigh. December is my favorite month of the year :P Anyway, it was a pretty bad movie in my opinion, and in the next couple of lines, I will tell you why. Willie (Billy Bob Thornton) cussed in 9 out of 10 sentences (so it seems) with f***, s***, a**, and the like. No wonder they rated it R! A couple of lines is okay, but 90% of your lines with those word(s) in it can get pretty darn aggravating =T I'm not a fan of lines like, "You f****** loser why don't you just take your f****** self somewhere else ... oh, s*** why don't you just kiss my f****** a***" EVERY OTHER LINE.

I found the plot rather lacking - I guess it traces the transformation of "Bad Santa" to "Good Santa" but I still didn't think very highly of him at the end. This drunk, sex-loving guy named Willie plays Santa every year in different locations with his short elf pal. Willie cracks safes at the malls he plays Santas in and steals tons of money with the help of his elf pal. Then they move on to other locations, and a year later, they do it again. One year, he meets this rather rotund kid named Thurman Merman who views everything, including "Santa," with such an innocent, angelic air. "Let me make you some sandwiches..." Because the police are out for him, Willie ends up staying at Thurman's house, where the kid reveals to him what he wants for Christmas and his views on Santa. The kid Thurman is rather cute in an odd way, with his chubby face and his blank looks. Willie is slowly and somewhat softened by Thurman's kind demeanor as the movie progresses, and the one act he does at the end somewhat ameliorates the term "Bad Santa" that he has on himself.

Bernie Mac is in this movie, and I really do not like Bernie Mac. His appearance annoys me, the way he is always like O_O I didn't like the way he delivered his lines, and the fact that he did such a bad job in Charlie's Angels 2 does not help =X ... Anyway, in this movie, he plays this guy who is trying to find evidence that could get Willie and elf fired, and eventually he finds out what Willie and his elf pal are up to in their safe-cracking schemes.

I don't think I'd watch this movie again. ~_~

No comments: