Monday, July 12, 2004

Tired.

I've been feeling really tired lately. Not just "Ooh I need a nap and I'll be fine" tired.

More like drained.

It may be due to the lack of sleep - but I've been waking up at 11am (or so) everyday, so that's more than enough. Actually, more than enough sleep can make you drowsy, so it could be that; getting too much sleep. It's hard getting 8-9 hours of sleep everyday @_@ How do your sleeping habits fare? Good? Average? Great? Bad?

I watched Anchorman with some friends. I thought it would be downright hilarious because the funny Will Ferrell is in it as the starring role (Anchorman Ron Burgundy), but no... if it weren't for the "retarded guy" Brick, I would have a much lower opinion of this movie. Anchorman is about the news team on Channel 4 News, San Diego, California. Back then, women were not very appreciated in the news business, especially as anchor(wo)men, so the four people on the team are quite content with their positions. These four are Bryan Fantana (some Spanish dude), Brick _____ (the HILARIOUS retarded guy who does the weather), Champ _______ (some cowboy whose sexual preferences are a little questionable), and of course, the lead anchor Ron Burgundy (who will read ANY, and ANY line on the teleprompter). Things are just spiffy, Channel 4 News has been bumped to #1 on the ratings list when a new lady comes in - the beautiful journalist, Veronica Corningstone, whose life dream was to become an anchor(wo)man. She and Ron Burgundy hit it off after a few pathetic attempts by Burgundy, but one day, Burgundy is not available to get to the studio in time, and it is Corningstone who delivers the evening news (usually done by Burgundy). He gets super PO'ed, and he is even more furious when he learns that she is to become his co-anchor. After a mishap with the teleprompter (remember, Burgundy reads any and any line on a teleprompter!), he is fired, and Corningstone becomes the lead anchor.

The rest of the movie goes downhill from there because if you watch the latter half, there seems to be no point. The news team barely copes with the absence of their beloved anchorman while Burgundy is wasting his life away in bars and at home. The events leading up to the ending were really stupid, just like 90% of this movie... However, I must say this again; Brick is the guy who makes this movie one you can't help but watch. His comments are absolutely random and hilarious, his expressions priceless. Also, some Old School kids are here - Vince Vaughn as the anchorman of a news station who is rated #2, Luke Wilson as #3 (I think) - but their roles were very minor, which disappointed me. All in all, this movie was really, for lack of better word, stupid, but to some, somewhat-highly entertaining. Watch it with some friends who don't mind a laugh albeit the sheer stupidity of this movie.

I bought two shirts for $7 ($2.99 and $3.99) total at Ross the other day. WOW, they have cheap stuff. O_O Some of it namebrand, too. Their regular prices are lower than some stores' sale prices, so their sale prices are unbelievably cheap. Gotta love good deals, right?

The other day as well, we went to two car dealerships, and I test drove two cars, w00t. Hyundai Sonata and Saturn Ion. The first dealership (Hyundai), the salesman was incredibly RUDE. He was nice in the beginning, but towards the end, he kept on nagging for us to buy a car, and my dad kept on insisting we weren't here to buy a car TODAY, we'll consider it after we look around some more, we'll get back to you, blahblah. The guy kept on forcing my dad to sign here, sign here, sign here, and my dad finally told him "NO, WE ARE NOT BUYING A CAR." The guy was still begging to the end, and he almost wouldn't give us our keys to OUR car back. "Uh, can I have my keys back?" "Sure!..." *five minutes later* "Sir, where are my keys?" "Oh, umm... right!" #*(%&(@*@##$$ Car salesmen sure are obnoxious. If they want to sell cars, they have to be considerate and polite to their potential customers, not rude and forceful. Maybe he was desperate. @_@

We went to a Saturn dealership later. I test drove another car, and I liked it. The Saturn Ion is pretty nice - it's small, it drives smoothly, and it looks appealing. THEN AGAIN I don't know anything about cars (watch me be the person who gets the short end of the stick in life), and THEN AGAIN, I tend to be attached to the first (or one of the first) choices I have, so help me out here. ^_^ Plus, the price isn't bad - one of the cheaper ones. I think $13,000, or $11,000... anyway. On a side note, berry red is a gorgeous color :p I usually go for blue blue blue blue, but this shade of color caught my eye, and I was like, "...WHOA!"

ARGH x 100 I was planning on doing some studying today, especially SAT junk and whatnot. Guess what I'm doing right now: not studying, exactly! School starts August 3rd (so soon), and I need to get back in school mode soon. My brain has melted in the intense summer heat, and I need to salvage what I can. I think I'm going to reread some of the APLIT summer reading stuff to refresh my memory. I finished most of them in June, which feels like ages ago.

Okay, I'm going to take a nap and see if it'll alleviate my drowsiness. Zzz... :)

No comments: