Saturday, August 14, 2004

Athens Olympics 2004 (yes, I'll talk a little about it like my friend Mark did in his entry :D) started yesterday, and as we speak, the world's most talented athletes are competing for the prized gold medals in the very birthplace of this major sporting event known to the world as the Olympics. If you haven't already, you should tune in to NBC (hehe, maybe just applicable for Americans?) and watch now! For some online coverage, you can visit Yahoo! Sports !

Today, I watched some women's volleyball - China vs. USA - Talk about intense! I was wondering which team to root for because I am, after all, both Chinese and American. All of the girls are very good, which is obvious because they've gotten this far. I think the money for this event is on China, though, and they did win against the USA. Sorry, Americans... the sets' points were pretty darn close, though.

I also watched some swimming (WHOA talk about endurance) and some men's gymnastics. Every year in school, our local cheerleaders strut their stuff at pep rallies and games, and however talented and awesome they may be, I do not wish to view what's up that skirt... With the men's gymnastics in the Olympics, it was a relief not to be seeing some underwear. I watched mostly the Romanian team and some Greeks... (European guys aren't bad looking at all :X) wow, gymnastics isn't easy! It takes a lot of upper body strength to do all the things gymnasts do, and the men's upper body muscles were cah-ray-zee O_O The judges, of course, are really nitpicky about scoring, and with China and the USA, the scores will definitely be close...to this and all the other events, may the best team/person win!

No comments: