Thursday, August 11, 2005

This is the first time in a long time that I have gone without a personal website.

Granted, a lot of the pages I hadn't touched in awhile and were in need of major updating/touch up, but hey, they were still there, and I spent some hours typing (or c + p) the HTML coding and messing with Photoshop. Keeping a blog is fun, but it's kind of... well, empty! I've been so used to seeing "ABOUT SITE," "DANI," "GUESTBOOK," and so on, that with just the blogging in it (notice how my entries seem to vary in length?) is a bit unsettling. Nadine offered hosting to me, which I am ever grateful :) but I'm on "hold," sorta, due to school. Maybe in a week or two (or three), I'll get my life back on track and start HTMLing/Photoshop-ing once again! Haha, I've been doing websites since like, 2nd-3rd grade, however rudimentary they are/were. It has been awhile, yes indeed.

I looked at my list of prospective colleges. Most of them are very selective, and I'm wondering if I should put more good schools but for my profile, a "safety school," you know, in case I get rejected from everything except GA Tech and UGA. Ahhh. Am I just throwing $300 of fees down the drain? Well, if you hope for nothing, you will never be disappointed, so if you get something (good), then that's great because you weren't expecting it, and good surprises are usually, well, good! Sometimes, I don't know if I agree with that 100%, but what kind of mentality am I supposed to have towards this issue?

Ahh, everyday at band practice, I look upon the flute/piccolo section. Most of them are new freshmen, and when I see them, I sense the "innocence" and the, eh, vulnerability of being the youngest and the newest ones on the field. Yes, I was there once, and totally clueless :P but I ended up making friends and being commended for my playing (Erica, Heather, and Leanne, if you're out there, hey! I miss you all!). Quite an experience. I am not a leader, though, because I rejoined marching band a bit late in the summer, but I still feel, I don't know, protective of these kids, especially the three that are near me on the field and very awesome indeed. Except for my younger sisters, I have never really felt this kind of feeling towards younger people because I used to be one of them myself. Plus, I'm not too satisfied with leadership this year, but I don't want to, like, comandeer the position and upset some people. Maybe if there is an appropriate time, I will step in. Actually, I need to teach them some cheers/stands music.

AP Physics C actually requires thinking! It's not TOTALLY math. We need to get out of this spoonfeeding, cookie-cutter mold like people tend to be in math class. I just hope I don't fail Physics this year :P or make a *gasp* B.

So much on my mind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i kinda miss your site too. it was much more busy with the extra stuff you had on the side but it's not too shabby now. ^_^

do you plan to apply to colleges out of state? or is it just to GA schools?

ah, i took AP Physics in hs. it was evil.

Anonymous said...

hey dani,

i went to cornell for college. ^___^ good luck with everything.