Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Well, thanks to this 6.0 GPA dilemma, I've been wondering if I should take an online course. Registration is until August 20, so I have some time. I am wondering if I can throw in an extra "AP" online (I found Statistics, World History, and Psychology, for starters). I'm guessing it would be after school, but these websites and my own stupid board of education don't tell me where online students are supposed to take the classes! Am I supposed to go after school in a lab or in the comfort of my own home or a public library? The sites say "log on anytime during the day," but I am pretty sure that last year, kids had to stay after school. I don't know. Maybe I can get out of those horrendous (hot) band practices on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. No more sweat-soaked shirts, maybe? -_-

School hasn't been too terrible yet. To my delight, I got a, 84 on the way-too-long Macbeth quote test... although I think I should have gotten higher if I just went back and checked some answers. You know how it is. This is the first time I'm happy with a B! :O ... our class average was a 54.

Methyl - CH3 nonpolar
Amino - NH2 weak base, accepts H+
Carboxyl - COOH weak acid, donates H+
Carbonyl ketone - C=O not at the end, polarity
Carbonyl aldehyde - H-C=O At end, polarity

I thought we were done with orgo back in AP Chem. XD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, your highschool offers online courses? even for APs? dang, i never heard of that before but seems to be convenient. ahhh, the joys of orgo... orgo = very EVIL.